Creamy risotto is definitely a yummy comfort food that will keep your kitchen or galley nice and cool this summer! This version of risotto is enhanced with sautéed asparagus, shrimp and some hand grated parmesan cheese. Use as a main dish or serve smaller portions for a side dish. I made this in a 6 quart Instant Pot. Feel free to adjust the proportional if using a 3 quart or 8 quart Instant Pot.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
1 lb. shrimp, peel and devein
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1 bundle asparagus (1 lb.)
1 – 2 tbsp. olive oil, good quality
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
- Pour in the broth and rice, stir.
- Close lid and steam vent on the Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot on manual HIGH pressure for 7 minutes.
- When the risotto pressure time is complete, use the quick release to vent the steam quickly over a minute or so.
- Rinse asparagus, cut or snap off the lower 2″ base of the asparagus, pat dry.
- Cut asparagus in 1″ slices, set aside.
- Place 1 tbsp. olive oil in a saute' pan over medium heat, add asparagus, saute' 3 – 5 minutes.
- Using tongs, place asparagus off the heat on a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp. of oil to the saute' pan, cook shrimp until pink and just cooked through.
- Add sautéed shrimp, parmesan, salt and pepper and asparagus to the risotto. Stir to combine. Note: If risotto seem too dry, add a 1/4 – 1/2 cup of broth as needed. Serve family style in a large bowl with some crusty French bread and a salad on the side. I have added a minced clove of garlic and a cup of sliced raw sliced mushrooms to the saute' mixture then added lemon zest and chopped green onions as I stirred the saute' into the cooked risotto… that is delicious also.
Comments are closed.