I played around with some ingredients I had on hand to try making a Curry Chicken in my 6 quart Instant Pot and I was richly rewarded and willing to share with you! Remember to halve for 3 qt Instant Pots.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
5 bone in chicken thighs
1 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
2/3 cup organic chicken broth
12 oz. evaporated milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
4 tsp curry powder
4 1″ x 1″ slices of crystalized ginger, diced
- Turn Instant Pot on to saute', pour vegetable oil and coconut oil in to the pot.
- Saute' red onion and chicken for 5 – 7 minutes.
- In a bowl combine remaining ingredients and pour the mixture into the Instant pot.
- Set Instant Pot on Manual, 30 minutes High Pressure.
- Let Instant Pot naturally depressurize.
- Garnish with chopped Thai basil and dried coconut (optional).