The Instant Pot makes great fluffy baked potatoes! You can use any size Instant Pot. This recipe is for a small 3 quart Instant Pot.
2 medium russet baking potatoes
1 cup water
Toppings of choice to add to your potatoes after the baked potatoes are cooked and plated.
- Place the stainless steel liner in your Instant Pot.
- Add the IP rack and 1 cup of water.
- Scrub the potatoes well and poke the potatoes 3 – 4 each on both sides using a knife.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and steam valve.
- Set the IP on manual, 14 minutes High Pressure.
- When cooking time is completed, let the IP release pressure naturally for 8 minutes, then quick release.
- After the above cooking and pressure release are complete, remove the potatoes from the IP using tongs.
Note: Your cooking and steam release times are the same regardless on the size of IP you use. Sweet Potatoes will take additional time to cook. Potatoes can be single layer or stacked but still below the maximum fill line. You can place the potatoes in the IP horizontally or vertically. Small potatoes cook in 12 minutes, large potatoes 18 – 22 minutes. Do not poke holes in the sweet potatoes, cook for 15 minutes manual HIGH pressure and 10 minutes of natural release.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.