Whether you are looking to give a new spin on an old favorite and wanting to eat on a budget…saute’ up this newly created fusion dish I came up with this morning and enjoy as an entrée that comes together in a couple of minutes while at home or traveling in your RV. Cook this entrée up anytime of day and for under a $1 per serving!
2 uncooked eggs
1 slice sourdough bread
1 tsp butter
1 slice cheddar cheese
- In a wide medium (cereal) bowl whisk together the egg whites and yolks of 2 eggs.
- Cut 1 slice of sour dough bread in half and add 1 slice of bread to the bowl.
- Let the first slice of bread saturate with the egg mixture then turn the slice with a fork to saturate the opposite side.
- Repeat step #3 with the second piece of bread.
- In a large saucepan, melt a teaspoon of butter over medium heat, add the saturated bread slices to 1 side of the pan and pour the remaining egg mixture onto the other side of the pan.
- Saute’ the French toast and scramble the egg until both the French toast and egg (on the side) are fully cooked.
- With the mixture still in the saute’ pan, place scrambled egg on top of one slice of the French bread, top with the slice of cheese and then the other slice of French toast.
- Lower heat to med/low and continue cooking for a minute until the cheese melts. My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com