This cake is light and refreshing… Enjoy!
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Bake time: 40 – 43 minutes Convection
50 – 55 minutes Traditional Oven
3 eggs, large
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups olive oil (not extra virgin)
1 1/2 cups milk
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees (177 C).
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar in a bowl, set aside.
- Whisk eggs and orange peel together in a large bowl for 1 minute, then whisk in olive oil and milk.
- Whisk in 1 1/2 cups sugar to the wet mixture.
- Slowly whisk dry mixture into wet in 3 divided portions .
- Spray a 9 1/2″ x 13 1/2″ pan with baking spray, line dish with parchment paper, lightly spray top of parchment paper with baking spray.
- Pour batter into the prepared casserole dish. Bake as directed and cool.
- Cake is done when a toothpick tester inserted into the center returns dry and no crumbs attached.
- Remove the pith from the oranges that were zested earlier. Cut the oranges into slices.
- Place orange slices alongside the cake on individual serving plates.
Comments are closed.