I wanted to create a dinner from what I had on hand in the refrigerator and pantry for putting together dinner last night. I came up with a variation of enchiladas that got a two thumbs up!
Serves 2 – 3
3 flour tortillas, standard sized
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar/jack cheese
9 thin slices of oven roasted deli turkey
14 oz tomato sauce
7 1/2 oz chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
3 green onions, diced
1/2 tso garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup guacamole
1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat convection oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large saute’ pan combine tomato sauce, cumin and garlic powder.
- Chop chipolte peppers on a cutting board then add the diced chipoltes and the adobo sauce to the tomato sauce, stir to combine and set aside.
- Coat a small casserole dish with baking spray.
- Dip a tortilla into the tomato mixture coating both sides of the tortilla with tomato sauce then place the tortilla in the casserole dish.
- Place 3 slices of deli turkey in the mid section of the tortilla overlapping the slices as needed so the turkey slices fill the full length end to end of the middle section of the tortilla.
- Place 2 heaping tsp of sour cream and 2 heaping tsp of cheese over the turkey, add a tbsp. of diced green onions then roll the tortilla finishing with the end seam face down.
- Repeat the enchilada layering process as above with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake the small casserole in the preheated oven for 12 minutes then top the enchiladas with the remaining cheese.
- Return the enchiladas to the convection oven and bake another 8 – 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com