This is a main meal that will warm you up on cold day. The recipes involves just a few simple steps and some time to prep the fish and vegetables. Set aside an hour and a half to put this delightful meal on the table while Leisure camping.
Serves 2 – 3
1/2 lb uncooked tail on shrimp
1/4 lb scallops
4 oz. salmon filet
2 oz butter
1/2 cup rinsed, peeled, diced carrots
1/2 cup celery rinsed, de threded, chopped
1/2 cup Yukon gold potatoes, rinsed, diced into bite sized pieces
1 small corn on the cob, kernels only
3 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. heavy cream (optional)
1 tbsp. parsley, rinsed, tops finely chopped
2 cups seafood broth
salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse fish, pat dry. Remove shells and tails from the shrimp and set aside. Cut all fish in bite sized pieces.
- In a dutch oven or other heavy bottom pan melt butter over medium heat, add all the vegetables.
- Saute the vegetables on medium low for 10 minutes, stir occasionally until potatoes are almost cooked through.
- In a small bowl combine flour with equal parts of water, stir until there are no lumps.
- Add the flour mixture into the vegettable mixture, change heat to low and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of fish stock to the vegetables, bring the mixture to a boil, add the seafood then reduce the heat to low.
- Continue cooking and stirring the chowder (uncovered) for 7 – 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Add cream, stir. Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com