I came up with this tasty side dish as a homemade version of the packaged rice mix… no preservatives!
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
2 cups raw white rice
2/3 cups raw spaghetti noodles, break into 1″ pieces
4 1/2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
2 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- Add oil to a large saute’ pan over medium heat on the stove.
- Add raw spaghetti noodles broken into 1″ pieces, saute’ until light golden brown.
- Add rice and continue to saute’ for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil then lower to a simmer.
- Place lid on the saute’ pan. Rice will be ready in 20 minutes