This dessert is simple to make and perfect for the 4th of July!
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
1 small basket of fresh strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
8 oz. huckleberry or blueberry pie filling
1 zest from a whole lemon
2 pre-made shortbread cookies
1 can whipped cream
- Rinse strawberries, remove green stems and cut berries in half.
- In a medium bowl place strawberries and sugar. Stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place pie filling in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add zest from a lemon to the pie filling. Lower heat to low, simmer filling for 10 minutes.
- To plate the dessert, create separate 3 separate areas on each dessert plate. Spoon 1/2 strawberries into 1 section, half the huckleberries or blueberry pie filling in a separate section on the plate.
- Squirt whip cream into the 3rd section and place a cookie upright into the middle of the whipped cream.