Roadtrekers love State Parks. I just served as one of five travel expert judges for USA Today and a travel story they published to come up with the 20 Best State Parks in America.
When you consider that the 50 states collectively manage more than 6,000 state park units, you can see it was no easy job to whittle the list down to 20 nominees as the best parks.
The newspaper is now asking the public to vote and determine the Top 10. You have until March 30.
Here’s the list of the 20 State Parks our panel picked:
- Custer State Park, South Dakota
- Indiana Dunes, Indiana
- Assateague State Park, Maryland
- Fall Creek Falls State Park, Tennessee
- Ha Ha Tonka State Park, Missouri
- Hearst San Simeon State Park, California
- Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina
- North Coast Redwood State Park, California
- Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park, Michigan
- Stone Mountain State Park, North Carolina
- Valley of the Fire State Park, Nevada
- Antelope Island State Park, Utah
- Blue Springs State Park, Florida
- Devil’s Lake State Park, Wisconsin
- Ecola, Oregon
- Grayson Highlands, Virginia
- Hueco Tanks, Texas
- Letchworth, New York
- Watkins Glen, New York
- Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, Florida
What is you favorite and why?