This is an easy dinner to put together with leftover roast or steak.
1 packet Aus Jus dry mix
2 cups water
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup cooked beef, cut into strips 1/4″ x 2″ long
1 cup broccoli crowns, chopped in 1″ pieces
1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 tbsp. water
1/3 tsp ground ginger spice
1/3 tsp garlic powder
pepper, add to taste
1 small can sliced water chestnuts, cut slices in half
1 cup cooked rice
- Rinse broccoli, pat dry. Cut broccoli crowns into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- Cut cooked meat into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the dry mix aus jus with water and wine.
- Turn stove on to MEDIUM heat, whisk the mixture periodically until au jus dissolves and mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Combine cornstarch and water, add the slurry to the aus jus and whisk until mixture thickens and lightly coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the beef, broccoli and water chestnuts to the au jus, stir until the mixture is warm.
- Heat rice in the microwave for a minute.
- Spoon rice into individual serving bowls, top with the beef with broccoli.
- My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site @ see link above for my blog site: http://smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com