There’s no doubt winter is here even though the calendar says fall has a few more weeks. As we did last night’s Ask Us Anything live broadcast on the RV Lifestyle Channel, the season’s first major snow storm was dumping anywhere from 3 to 12 inches of snow across much of the nation’s midsection.
Naturally, the questions turned to winter RVing and how Jennifer and I drive and camp in ours all year round – including the winter. In fact, we’ll be gathering with a few dozen other winter campers Jan 11-13 at the Tahquamenon Falls State Park in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, where we usually have a couple feet of snow on the ground. We have a tradition of five years of doing this and Bo insists on a snow vacation before we head south. If you also want to head up there, you need to reserve your own spot with the Michigan DNR at Tahquamenon Falls State Park, at the Lower Falls Hemlock campground. Here’s the website:
If you do, then go over and join the special Winter Freezeout Facebook Group we have set up for this gathering and let us know you’re coming and what spot you reserve.
Other topics we covered last night included:
- The name we chose from the many suggestions members of the RV Lifestyle community sent in for our new 2018 Roadtrek CS Adventurous XL. Of the dozens of names, the one that we chose is MAJOR, for Mike And Jennifer’s Other Residence. Thanks to Randy Czarnecki for that suggestion.
- How we can share Instagram photos with the hashtag #MAJORroadtreking By the way, you can follow my IG posts @roadtreking
- Our new and free 2018 Christmas Gift Guide, available for instant download at https://rvlifestyle.com/christmas
- How Mike has lost 31 pounds since Sept. 5 on his healthy eating program, which is now transitioning to more whole food plant based meals.
- A hint at some of the great locations where we plan to hold Roadtreking Gatherings in 2019
- Out least favorite things about RV traveling and our way of avoiding big city traffic jams by traveling on weekends
- Staying safe while boondocking
- Plus lots more answers to your questions
Here’s the rewind.