I combined some ingredients that I had on hand in the pantry to come up with something different when making a chicken dinner the other night… the results were great so I'm sharing the recipe with you!
1 pkg fresh chicken tenderloin pieces
2/3 cup milk
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp turmeric
1/3 tsp garlic powder
pinch cayenne pepper
5 tsp butter or ghee
9 whole dried apricots
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl combine milk and rice wine vinegar, stir to combine. Milk will curdle some which is fine.
- Rinse chicken tenderloins and pat dry then add to the milk and vinegar mixture, stir to combine then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In a separate medium bowl combine seasonings, parmesan and panko. Stir to combine.
- Dredge the chicken tenderloins in the seasoned panko then place in a medium pyrex casserole dish.
- Top each tenderloin with 1/2 tsp of butter or ghee and a dried apricot.
- Bake in a regular or convection oven at 350 degrees F for approx. 20 – 22 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com