Whether you are entertaining at home or boondocking off the grid, this dessert is simple and sure to please!
Serves 2 – 6
8 oz ready made angel food cake
1/2 – 1 cup blackberries
1 – 2 fresh ripe pears
1 – 2 cups readymade whipped cream
1 – 3 tbsp powdered sugar
1/4 – 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (1 part cinnamon to 4 parts sugar)
1 tsp clear vanilla
- Rinse berries, set aside.
- Rinse, peel, core and slice pear(s), set aside.
- Place a wedge of angel food cake on each plate.
- Top with homemade or readymade whipped cream.
- Add berries and pear slices over the whipped cream.
- Dust the dessert with readymade or homemade cinnamon sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers and enjoy over the next couple of days.
NOTE: If you prepare this at home and want homemade whipped cream, place 8 oz. of heavy whipping cream in a high speed blender or mixer that has a whisk attachment. Beat the cream on medium at first if the mixer bowl is exposed, this will avoid getting splashed! Once the cream starts to thicken add vanilla and the powdered sugar (~1 – 2 heaping tbsp). Finish whipping the cream until the whipped cream holds its shape. Of coarse you can beat the heavy cream by hand in a chilled stainless steel bowl by whisking the cream quickly with a whisk for about 5 minutes or so!
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com